Saturday, January 24, 2015

"The mission has its ups and downs, but seeing people make changes in their lives and feeling the spirit makes it all worth it".

January 19, 2015
Dear family,
This week was good. But this letter might be short though. I really have been using my journal to write my letters, and we were just so busy this week I didn't write in my journal that much. It was a good week. It's all a blur though.
Really, the biggest thing that happened this week was that I got called as a trainer. A trainer is a new missionary's first companion who basically teaches him how to be a missionary. In this mission they call the trainers a week before the changes so that they can go to a training meeting. They called me Tuesday morning and told me I was going to train. But then they called again Thursday night and told me that two missionaries are going home from the MTC so I'm not going to train anymore. That was a little disappointing. I was pretty excited to train, excited for the challenge. But I guess not this time. Tomorrow night, we'll get a call telling us if we have changes. Then the next morning, if we have changes we all go to a big meeting in Ilopango where they tell us where we'll be going and who will be our new companion. So I guess we'll see what happens.
We've really started working with the members more this week. We're now teaching two of President M's sisters and his dad. Member missionary work really is so much better. They all came to church. His dad, R, is just a really nice man in his late 80s. He can barely see or hear, but he's very humble. I'm excited for the opportunity to work with the family of President M. The mission has its ups and downs, but seeing people make changes in their lives and feeling the spirit makes it all worth it.
I attached a picture of Elder G and I getting ice cream last P-day. Also, I somehow inserted 2 screen-shots of my computer monitor. I'm not really sure how that happened, and I don't know how to take them off. This computer is really old.

Well, I love you all! Thanks for all your letters and prayers! I'm praying for you guys too.

No comments:

Post a Comment