Tuesday, October 13, 2015

But now I'm so grateful just because we have water.

October 9, 2015

Dear family,

This was a good week. Granted, a busy one, but good. I loved general conference. We were even able to see a few of the sessions in English. That was great. Even though it's the same thing in Spanish, it's always so disappointing to hear their voices and then have it covered up by the translator.

Things have calmed down a little bit. We never did find a new house but we've moved in with the Elders in the ward that borders Los Alpes. Their house is right on the border of the two wards so it actually works out pretty nicely. I love the house. It's soo nice. San Marcos is a little bit cooler than my other areas. And the house is on the top of a hill, so there's always a really cool breeze. And the house is like half open air, so the breeze comes through the house and cools everything off. And the house is clean. And new. And we have a water tank, so we always have water. We only have water every now and then in the other house. I'm so grateful to always have running water. It's interesting how my expectations have changed. If I were to move into a house like this before the mission I would have complained about not having hot water. But now I'm so grateful just because we have water.

I have two companions: Elder N and Elder B. Elder B is the migration secretary. I've been with him almost all my time in the office. Elder N is a pretty quiet guy. But he's really smart. He's picking up everything really fast.

Next week we will write on Wednesday, not Friday. President has decided to give us a P-day. Monday was supposedly our P-day, but Monday is actually our bussiest day in the office, becuase that's the day all the day all the other missionary write, send in their key indicators, send in their baptism records, energy bills, water bills, etc. Lot's of work for us. That's why we used to write on Fridays to try to conteract that. But it didn't help that much. Last Monday we left the office at 7. But President wants us to rest every now and then so he's changed that.

Well, I love you all! Until next Wednesday!

Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment