Tuesday, June 17, 2014

"The best part - giving away a copy of the Book of Mormon"

Dear family,
 
     Another good week here at the CCM has gone by. This is our last week here. Next time I write, I will be in El Salvador. I'm really excited to go. I'm not sure when the next time I write will be. It's possible that I might not write next week and have to wait for the next P-day.
    
     Our trip into Guatemala last week was great. The best part - giving away a copy of the Book of Mormon. After going to the market, they took us to a big courtyard and just set us loose. Elder Beecher and I were really excited/nervous and ended up wasting some time just standing there figuring out who to talk to. Finally we ended up talking to someone named Kevin. He was so nice, and he accepted a Book of Mormon, committed to read it and pray about it, and gave us his phone number. It was so cool. For the rest of the day we kept thinking about him and praying for him.
 
     This morning was our last trip to the temple. In all, we got 83 names done. I'm so grateful that we had the opportunity to go to the temple so much. It really has been a blessing.
 
     During our lessons this past week, we started to use the Plan of Salvation thing that Aimee made for me. It really helps, and all the other missionaries wish they had something like it. Thanks Aimee!
 
     Love you all!
 
Elder Hilton
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment