Tuesday, July 8, 2014

"Hello from El Salvador!"

Dear Family,
 
Hello from El Salvador!
 
So early Tuesday morning last week all the people in the CCM going to El Salvador got on a van and we drove to here. The drive here was a nice chance to see the country. The entry into El Salvador was by far the easiest entry I've experienced. All they did was look at our pass-ports. Easy.
 
We arrived in San Salvador late afternoon and a few hours with Presidente and Hermana Glazier. We stayed the night in the office missionaries apartment. Wednesday morning we went to the change meeting we were all assigned our trainers and Pres y Hna Glazier said their farewells. That was their last day as mission president. Our new President, Presidente Vasquez, arrived Thursday.
 
My new companion is Elder Andreason. Hes from California. I really like him. We going to work well together.  He's been in the mission for 16 months now. Our house is actually pretty nice. We cant drink the water because we'd get sick, but that's not much of a problem. They have water in little bags and that's what we drink.
 
El Salvador reminds me a lot of Korea. The way people drive, the way it smells, and the weather make me think of Korea. Its really hot and humid here. But because we don't have air conditioning, no one has air conditioning, you get used to it fast. I don't even notice it anymore. 
 
The way they talk here has been a bit of a challenge. With some people, I can understand casi todo, but other people speak with this crazy mumble where I cant understand a single word. Either way, my level of understanding is really disproportionate to my level of speaking. In our first lesson, I said almost nothing. Now, my companion and I are alternating doctrinal points, but he's still talking way more than me.
 
I wish I could say more, but I'm almost out of time. I love you guys! Ill try to send some pictures next week.

Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment