Friday, February 20, 2015

When all of his family walked into church yesterday, it was really a beautiful moment.

February 16, 2015

Dear family,

This week was a bit different. Our zone leaders are all about trying new things, hence not talking to people in the street and only working through members. This week, we tried something completely different. Like the complete opposite of just working through the members. Each day of the week the entire zone (14 missionaries) worked together in one other areas for about 4 hours. We rotated through all the areas, doing a different area each day. The idea was to get a lot of references. Talk to everyone, even knock on doors. I've actually never knocked on doors my entire mission untill now. It was a little different. But we got a lot of references. Each day we got an average of a little over 100 references. Which is a lot of references. But we'll see what happens. I'd almost prefer to get just a few really good references from members than get a ton of references from tracting. But we'll see what happens.

In other news, the hymn books you sent me arrived! And the little New Testament! The hymn books are really nice. And the litte New Testament - beyond words. It's so much lighter and smaller than carying around the entire bible. Thank you so much for sending those.

One of the goals I've set is the read all the standard works in Spanish outloud while on the mission. So far I've read the Book of Mormon, Doctrince and conenants, the Pearl of Great Price, and a litte over half of the New Testament. Reading in Spanish really has helped me improve my Spanish. I normally don't do my reading during our study time. Just while on the bus. Here in Nueva Concepcion we take the bus a lot. For everything we do within la Nueva, we just walk. But for district meetings, zone conferences and stuff like that we have to take a 2 hour bus ride to Chalate. So we do end up getting lots of bus time.

We're still planning on having the baptism of R and M this Saturday. We're really excited for them, and really happy for President M. When all of his family walked into church yesterday, it was really a beautiful moment. It was so good to see all of them there together. I'll try to send pictures of them next week.

I love you all! Everything will work out in the end! ¡Yo lo sé!


Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment