Thursday, June 25, 2015

Share the gospel online. It works.

June 20, 2015

Hola family,

This has been a good week. I´m beginning to see the true importance of social media missionary work. One of my duties is to manage the referrals for the mission. About once a week we receive a referral from mormon.org, referrals from people that went to the site and asked for the missionaries visited them. Those are the best referrals. Some of them wrote:

     "I would like to be a member of your church."
     "I am very interested in learning about your church and especially in being baptized."

Wow. That´s just so cool! Social media isn´t even authorized for our mission, but if it were...wow. But it´s not, and I think that part of the reason is that we´re not even using what we have. When I came to the office there were about 200 unassigned referrals from the past 2 years.The secretaries before me haven´t been taking care of them. But this week I finished assigning them all. Now that they´ve all been assigned, the mission needs to start using them. Anyways, share the gospel online. It works.

I was just reading in Jacob 5. I really liked verses 70-75. The Lord of the vineyard calls his servants and says to them: "Go to, and labor in the vineyard with your might...and if ye labor with your might with me ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself...."

And so the servants go and labor "with their mights" and they did "obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things."

And the vineyard started to grow and thrive and there was much fruit. And the servants and the Lord of the vineyard had much joy together.

One interesting thing I noticed was that the servants themselves didn´t gather the fruit. The Lord said, "ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself." All that was required of the servants was that they were diligent and obedient. Our personal abilities and talents are not what matters in this work. The Lord just requires that we work diligently and that we be obedient to the commandments that he has given us.

Well, I love you all! I attached a photo. It´s especially for Dad.

Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment