Sunday, September 20, 2015

We are learning how to follow the spirit.

September 18, 2015


Dear family, 

This was a good week. We are learning how to follow the spirit. We´ve been trying really hard lately to listen to the spirit and to live in such a way that nothing impedes its presence. This week I´ve felt it more strongly than before in the mission. It´s a really big blessing: we know where to go, where not to go, what to say, what not to say, and we know right away if we´re doing something wrong. The spirit is so important. Without it, we cannot really be missionaries. We can do the things that missionaries do, but we can´t truly be missionaries.

I´ve realized that if I didn´t have the gift of the Holy Ghost, I would be a different person. For example, sometimes as missionaries we get really tired, and we just want to rest. But we can´t, because we have a work to do. If we give in to those desires and slack off when we should be working, the spirit leaves, right away. But the harder we work, the strong the spirit is. I personally prefer to have the spirit, so that´s why I work hard.

We´re struggling a little bit with our area. We are able to find new investigators, but whenever we come back for the second appointment, they always make excuses, like there´re busy or something, or we just never find them again. So that´s the current issue with our area, but we keep working hard, and we keep feeling the spirit. That´s what makes it all worth it.

M still says he wants to be baptized, but not until next year. And recently we haven´t been able to find M.

So last time I said I would tell you a bit about what I do as a secretary.

The general secretary is responsible for everything “general.” That is to say, everything that is not handled by the financial secretary, migration secretary, or the records secretary.
My duties as general secretary include but are not limited to:
·         Making Reports
·         Buying/distributing materials
·         Managing Referrals
·         Obtaining legal documents (birth certificates, marriage/divorce documents, etc.)
·         Sorting/distributing mail
·         Managing phone numbers, making the directories, etc.
Well, in short, that´s what I do.

Well, I love you all! Thanks for everything!

Elder Hilton






No comments:

Post a Comment