Sunday, September 21, 2014

"As your own understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase."

September 17, 2014

Dear family,


First of all, sorry this is a day late. Yesterday was a big holiday of some sort so they moved our P-day to today.

Health-wise, we've almost completely recovered. Elder B still feels a little weak, especially in the mornings, but things are almost back to normal. When I was sick, we did go down to San Salvador, really just so that they could confirm what I had. But then the doctor declared me too sick to travel, so we ended up staying the night in the house of the office Elders.

So you guys are going to move! That's big news. I vote you guys go state-side (as if you had some kind of control).

So this week we really focused on the members. Elder B and I both gave talks in Sacrament meeting. And being completely honest, I think that the talk I gave was the best I've given, which is kind of ironic, because it was in Spanish. The theme was missionary work. I focused my talk on increasing our desires to share the Gospel. My basis for the talk was a quote from Preach My Gospel chapter 1. I only have it memorized in Spanish, but it says some like "as your own understanding of the atonement of Jesus Christ grows, your desire to share the gospel will increase:" It's a really interesting thought, and I know it to be true. Some examples of this principle are those of Enos, Lehi in the vision of the tree of life, and the converted lamanites in Helaman 6:3-4. The desire to share the gospel comes through conversion. 

Well, we have changes tomorrow. We find out who is going to go tonight. Everything thinks that I'm going to leave. We'll see. I'll let you all know next week. 

I love you all,
Elder Hilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment