Monday, November 3, 2014

"I'm excited to have the opportunity to help this branch."

November 3, 2014

Dear family, 

Thanks for all your letters! And thanks for the package! I really enjoyed it all. I'm still going through all the talks, and I've enjoyed them all so far. And the ties were all really good. My new companion thanks you for his tie, and I ate all the fruit snacks in about 2 days. They were really good. I hadn't realized I missed them.

So yes. New companion. I am now in Nueva Concepción with Elder G. Nueva Concepción is a pretty secluded area. We have to travel about an hour and a half to get to our district meetings. Elder G is a good misionary. He's 19 and has about 9 months in the mission. He's from Oregon. It's a little weird being with someone the same age as me. Ever since BYU I've been used to being with people much older than me. But he's a good missionary and we're going to work well together. 

We are opening the area. That is to say, both Elder G and I are new here. They just gave us our luggage, our house keys, and told us which bus to get on. Eventually we found to house. It was an adventure. It also made for some interesting street contacts. 
      -Hello, do you know where our church is?
      -Yes, so you don't need to tell me.
      -That's ok, we don't know. Could you tell us how to get there? 
It was pretty fun. We got a few references that way.

Nueva Concepción is a very small branch. It has about 30 active members. The branch president has only been a member for about a year. He's a really great guy, very humble, and very hard working. I'm excited to have the oportunity to help this branch.

Well, that's about it. I send pictures next week, for some reason it wouldn't let me send them today.

I love you guys!

Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment