Monday, October 27, 2014

"We made a difference"

October 27, 2014


Dear family,

First of all, thanks for all the birthday wishes! Thanks for all your letters. It's always good to open my emails and see them.

Well, my time here in Ilopango is probably about to end. Elder S will be training this next change. They call the trainers early because they have to go to a special meeting. But I'll find out for sure if I'm leaving to tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that it's not normal to have changes this often, but so it is.

Ilopango has really nice weather. I'm not sure what temperature it actually is, but it feels amazing. It's a lot cooler than San Vicente and there's usually a really nice breeze. I'm predicting they'll send me somewhere really hot. It's just too nice here.

Missionary work can be hard. But it's worth it. I like looking back at the end of day, and thinking about the people we had visited that day. There are some days where I can just feel that, yes, we really helped those people; we made a difference - and that makes it all worth it. Yesterday we talked with one of our investigators and he told us, "I'm old enough to be your Grandfather, but I want what you have. I want to change my life and I need your help." It's weird to think that we're so young and helping people that are so much older than us. To me it's a testament that this is the true church and that we have been endowed with the power of God. There's no other explanation for it.

I love you all!


Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment