Monday, October 6, 2014

"General conference was awesome."

October 6, 2014


Dear family,
Well, a lot happened this week. The biggest news is that I'm getting a new companion. Elder B most likely needs surgery and is going home tomorrow. He doesn't really want to go home, but he's taking it well. Depending on how well his back recovers there's a chance that he returns to the mission. Either way, I hope that he gets better. Thanks for all your prayers on our behalf.
Q/A: San Salvador is about an hour and a half bus ride. Transfers happen every 6 weeks; we have 3 weeks until the next one. I play the piano at church every now and then. I'm really doing ok without being able to play that much. And I still get to listen to music. I get it pretty lucky because pretty much all my favorite music is missionary appropriate.

General conference was awesome. I'd say that it was the best experience I have ever had. I really felt spiritually fed afterwards. It makes me really excited for the talks you guys sent me. One of the things that I took out of it was that I want to make my prayers more sincere. We as missionaries pray all the time, pretty much any time we do anything. But I think that we ought to focus more on the quality of our prayers, rather than how many times a day we pray.

Well, I know I said that a lot happened this week, but that's pretty much all. It seemed like more in my head. I love you all!

Elder Hilton


No comments:

Post a Comment