Friday, May 30, 2014

"Another good week here"

Hello everyone! I had another good week here. Lots of learning, lots of studying, and lots of practicing. Last Sunday I performed in a musical number in church. It was hmyn number 88 in the Spanish hymn book. It's not in the English one, and I don't remember what it's called either. But I really, really like it now. I made a simple arrangement of it and 2 missionaries, and Elder and a sister, sung it. It was really beautiful. The people we are teaching are just actors. We are currently teaching 2 people. We're getting much better at teaching in Spanish. While we're teaching, I'm able to speak much more Spanish than I normally can. Sometimes after a lesson my companion will ask me what I said and I won't be able to tell him.
I'll be able to say in English, but I'll have no idea how to say it in Spanish. The temple trip still remains as the highlight of my week.
Today we were able to do 12 of our names. This Thursday the MTC will be rededicated. There will be some 70s here, and during the day there will be an open house and lots of dignitaries have been invited. I'm in a group of 9 missionaries who will sing The Olive Tree at it. I've fallen in love with the Book of Mormon in Spanish. I just wish I could read it all the time, but I don't have time to read as much as I want.


I love you guys! Thanks for your emails!
Elder Hilton

No comments:

Post a Comment