Monday, March 16, 2015

"I really don't ever want to leave this branch."

March 9, 2015

Well, we had changes. Elder G left. He's now in Apopa. We had 4 months together. You really do get to know someone well if you're with them 24/7 for 4 months. We became good friends. My new companions name is Elder P. He's from Peru. Last transfer he was in Chalatenango as my zone leader. Now he's here as my district leader. This is his last transfer of the mission. I feel like I'll really be able to learn a lot from him.

Yesterday President L and his wife came to church here in Nueva Concepcion. That was really great. I really learn a lot from him. For example, how he acted during sacrament meeting. Sacrament meeting starts, and the first thing he does is pull out his notebook to take notes. While the speakers spoke, he paid very close attention. He would nod in agreement often, and every now and then he would say something in agreement to what they said. I thought, why am I not taking notes? Why should he be having a better sacrament meeting experience than me? So I started to take notes. And I learned a lot.

We're seeing a lot of progress in the branch. We've got a young man about to leave on a mission, several people that will soon get the melquisedek  priesthood ( that's a somewhat spanglish spelling, but I honestly have no idea how to spell it anymore), and in a few weeks President M and his family will get sealed in the temple. We are really excited for that. I have really enjoyed seeing the branch progress. I hope to stay here a long time so I can keep seeing it. We spend a lot of time in the little branch office with President M. I really enjoy that time. I really feel like we're getting things done. When we first got here, President M didn't even know how to use the mouse. Now he's printing agendas for sacrament meeting and other meetings, reporting tithing, checking his email, etc. without our help. I really don't ever want to leave this branch.

Well, I love you all!

Elder Hilton  

No comments:

Post a Comment