Wednesday, May 27, 2015

A bunch of small tasks that all together represent a big work.

May 22, 2015

Hola familia!

Well another week has gone by. Time's going by fast. I can sincerely say that I am enjoying the work. 

The best days go like this: I accomplish everything that I want to in the office, we leave the office at a decent time, then we go home and we find and teach. The days are full. It's better that way.

My biggest accomplishment in the office this week was figuring out how to import contacts onto an iphone. We don't have iphones, we just have very cheap, basic phones. It was for President V. Because of transfers, where everyone is and what phone number they have is constantly changing. And there are over 200 missionaries in the mission. Because of that, you can't really just put all of that into you phone; it would be to hard to keep up to day. So what has been done up until now is print an excel sheet with all the up to date info and then laminate it. Not too practical. But now I'll be able to import the info from that excel sheet onto President's phone. Then each change I can just import them again. So now it will be so much easier (at least for President and his wife). We (the secretaries) will have to keep using the laminated excel  sheets.

Most of what do in the office is things like that. A bunch of small tasks that all together represent a big work.

Yesterday we found a really interesting new investigator. His name is H. He approached us in the street, wanting to know if we could help him find information about his ancestors. He's Jewish and he wants to know more about his roots. I showed him a pamphlet called My Family that I filled out. My Family is designed to help people get started with family history. You can put in your information, the information of your parents, siblings, grandparents, and great-grandparents. You can put in their stories and photos too. Anyways I showed him that and he got pretty excited. He wants to come to church this Sunday. I guess we'll see what happens.

O's Dad still has O grounded, which is a bit of a problem. But hopefully that will get better soon.

Well, I love you all!
Elder Hilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment