Thursday, May 21, 2015

Being a secretary for a small little branch is apparently more stressful than being a secretary for an entire mission.

April 24, 2015

Dear family,

Well, it's been a good week here in the office. It actually has been hard at all to adjust to being here. I've got plenty of experience adjusting to new places. The hardest thing to adjust to is being in a ward. A bishop. Elders quorum president. Ward mission leader. All that stuff. It's different.

So as far as the office goes. There are 4 secretaries: general secretary, financial secretary, migration secretary, and records secretary. The general secretary pretty much does everything that's not covered by the other secretaries.

We're in the office Monday through Friday. We're normally here from about 10 in the morning until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. As soon as we get home from the office we go out and proselyte until 9.

Monday is still technically our P-day. But we write on Friday because we're too busy on Monday. On Sunday I said that I wanted to clean the house during our P-day and they just kind of laughed and said that it was a good goal. At first I didn't really understand why they were like that, but I saw why on Monday. We were in the office almost the whole day. We got back to the house at almost 6, and then it was already time to proselyte. But it's all good.

As far as stress level goes, I'm doing just fine. I definitely felt more stressed in la Nueva. Being a secretary for a small little branch is apparently more stressful than being a secretary for an entire mission.

I've attached a picture of my companions. When we're in the office we're all together, but we're still paired off in companionship. Right now we're in a trio because I'm being trained by the old general secretary. Elder C (the one without glasses) is the old general secretary. The other guy is Elder L, that migration secretary.

This change was actually part of the normal transfers. I knew they were coming but I forgot to say anything about it. I didn't really think I would get transferred. But when I leave the office it won't be a surprise. I have a change to train the new general secretary. This is Elder C's 6th change here, so I may be here for a while.

I drove a car for the first time this week. This mission only has a few cars. We share one with the assistants. I've now got a SalvadoreƱan drivers licence.

The office is fairly close to the temple. The ward I'm in is called Los Lencas.

Well, I love you all!
Elder Hilton   


No comments:

Post a Comment