Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hymns truly are powerful.

January 4, 2016

Hello family!

I love you all! We are all doing well over here. I´m enjoying the mission. It´s almost more enjoyable now that at the beginning because at the the beginning I had to fight to leave my comfort zone but now my comfort zone has stretched I feel comfortable doing whatever I have to.

Elder P is a good companion. He´s adjusting well to the mission. He´s very humble, obedient, and diligent. I´ve been blessed with many good companions.

The P family continues to progress. They didn´t go to church yesterday though. They normally don´t have to work on Sundays but yesterday they did. We´ll see what we can do to help them with that.

When I saw the office elders at the Christmas activity they told me that President L tried invite me over for Christmas dinner. He called the office asking for me but then found out that I had already left so he invited them instead. It would have been great to go to that. I really do admire President L. I learned a lot from him. I´m glad I got the opportunity to get to know him. I also really admire Presidente V. He is a great mission president. I have also learned a lot from too. He has a Mormon message. You should watch it to meet him. President L also appears in a video called "Volver nuestro corazón: San Salvador, El Salvador." https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/work-of-salvation?lang=spa. Unfortunately you have to speak Spanish. 

When I was in Los Alpes we had a really cool lesson. There was a less active family, the M family. They had stopped going to church because they had gotten offended. They hadn´t gone to church for years. We had already visited them several times and nothing we did helped. So we decided to have a lesson where we just sang hymns, We sang:

Keep the Commandments
Truth Reflects Upon our Senses
Oh My Father

It was a powerful lesson. The next Sunday, they didn´t go. Then I had changes. But Elder B told me that the Sunday after I left, they went. They told him that the whole week they had been thinking about the hymns we sang. They decided that what the hymns said was true. See they came back. Hymns truly are powerful.

Well. that´s all for today.

I love you all!


Elder Hilton 

No comments:

Post a Comment